Thursday, December 3, 2009

Fifteen Years of Bliss



Today, my husband Larry and I celebrate fifteen years of marriage.

Fifteen years ago on this day, my beloved and I stood on a stage of a chapel in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. We committed to love each other and be there for each other for the rest of our lives.

We both took those vows very seriously. Because of that, our marriage remains strong in spite of storms and trials.

When I stood before my husband, our pastor, and a room filled with witnesses, I knew our marriage would last. No matter what came our way, we would love each other through it, and work it out together. Because that's what marriage means. Yes it can be tough, but commitment doesn't mean staying together because you still FEEL the oowwee, goowwee, feelings of love. I am committed to this man, until our lives on earth are done.

So this is to the wonderful man I married. Who can still make me laugh, who can still surprise me with flowers for no reason, and who I cherish watching be a father to our children. And I know he loves me too.

I love you Larry! Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, fifteen years. You know I still remember the day you told me you were going off to Florida to get married. Back then you were "what's her name, you know Phil's kid, the oldest one, Oh yeah Sandy." Then there was this guy Larry who kept telling me about his wife Christy. I began to tease him because she was never around. Till the day you came through the door and said "yeah, that's Uncle Danny's brother." Then I knew who Christine Jackson was.
    Congradulations. You're right you couldn't have found a better man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! That was a great post.

    ReplyDelete