Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Artist Rob Gonsalves





I made a post a few days ago about a picture book I enjoyed, Imagine a Day. Well it turns out there are three books by this author and illustrator. Imagine a Night and Imagine a Place.

Rob Gonsalves was born in Toronto, Canada. Some refer to his paintings as"Magic Realism" and some call it "Surrealistic".

Whatever you want to call it Gonsalves obviously shows a sense of magic in each of his works. Right now he has 64 paintings and is working on more. This is one exhibit I would love to attend!

These illustrations fascinate me so I thought I would post a few of my favorites. My local library only has the one book but I look forward to reading the rest.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!































No comments:

Post a Comment