Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Mother's Love


Amongst the noisy chaos that echos through my home, a home that contains four children, three of them active boys. I do not have much time for solitary reflections. At times when the volume level is turned up too high, and shouts of, "give it back now!" bleed through my ears, I long for a place of tranquility. But when I look into the eyes of my children, I am stirred. I want so much for them. I want them to be disciplined, hard working, and future world impactors.

But, recently I feel a calling deep within me. A calling to raise children who feel so secure in their mothers love that they can come to me with anything. No matter what they have done, they can come without feeling I will condemn, lash out, or tell them how wrong they are. But listen to them, love them, and help lead and guide them to the truth. Isn't that what our heavenly Father does for us? He is just waiting for us to come and share all our shortcomings, all our failures, maybe cry at His feet. And He will love us, unconditionally, and guide us to the truth.

The power of a Mothers Love is shown throughout history. Hannah poured her heart out and reaped a Samuel. Naomi (mother-in-law) leaded and guided Ruth into her calling. Jochebed hid Moses and wove a basket, giving him up so he could live and lead the Israelights to freedom.

So when a dish gets broken, milk gets spilt, or the opportunity of a much needed nap vanishes from view, I try (not always succeeding) to think of higher things. Megan, Caleb, Alex and Andrew, I love you! Let the dishes fall where they may...

2 comments:

  1. Christine:

    Suzanne said you were wanting info about tea from TeaGschwendner.

    I'd recommend:
    1 Lingia estate 2nd-flush Darjeeling
    2 Jun Chiyabari estate 1st-flush Nepali

    ReplyDelete